Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Home, and tired

Saturday involved a trip to Danville and Stanford to visit with family. It was a beautiful drive. I brought my grandmother, who turns 89 on Wednesday, a flamingo flower (which seems a lot like a pink peace lily) and spent some time with both her and my mom. I came home that evening and just sort of crashed. I won't go into it here, but let's say I had an interesting emotional mix that came to the surface, as it often does when I go there, and I curled up into a ball for a couple hours afterwards and tried to process some of my feelings. Later YKWIA and I talked on the phone for awhile, and that helped. Today I went over to his place, and while there was no game, I spent some time visiting with him and A and watched 'Big Bang Theory' and two movies that weren't stunning, but were pretty fun and did have me on the edge of my seat at times, one called Shinobi: Heart Under Blade (the cinematography was beautiful, the fight scenes well done, and the plot intriguing) and one called Hansel and Gretel: Warriors of Witchcraft. Tomorrow I should have most of the day to myself, so I think I'll:
  1. Do laundry (including hand washables)
  2. Go to the YMCA if they're open (my branch is closed today, so no go for that, although I might get into the pool at the apartment complex if it's warm enough)
  3. Do a few things around the house, maintaining the apartment
  4. Listen to music (Ed Sheeran, the radio)
  5. Read (Bringing Home Mulligan, which is about the Marines in WWII, and the way the war affected them--fitting for a Memorial Day)
  6. Nap (twice)
  7. Bake bread (delicious)
  8. Watch 'Doctor Who' (two episodes: 'Hide' and 'Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS'!)
  9. Shop for a dress for a friend's vow renewal (bought it online)
That's a fairly full day, I think. I think I'll listen to some music and head to bed. I've been listening to Ed Sheeran a lot, of course. I had his CD going on the way down to Danville and back--it takes just a couple of minutes past the album's running time to get to my mom's from home. Last night I curled up to Kansas. Tonight I think it might be Natalie Merchant's Ophelia. My favourite song from that album is:



Good night.

No comments: