Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, May 10, 2013

Finally home

and munching on some string cheese and herb bread for dinner. Today I was off, and it was a very busy day. I:
  1. Went to Kroger to get a product that I needed where the type I've used for years either has latex in it, or I've developed an allergy to something else in it, so I'm trying a different brand.
  2. Renewed some library books.
  3. Did some work on the house for about an hour and a half.
  4. Mailed my mother's day card (not sure if she'll get it in time; pickup wasn't till about 3:30 pm).
  5. Mailed four books (all Robert Jordan) for Paperback Swap.
  6. Mailed a friend's mother's day card and some bills.
  7. Took a couple of friends to the doctor and credit union.
  8. Picked up some medicine at the pharmacy.
  9. Took a wrong turn onto Waller rather than Virginia, turned around in a daycare parking lot, and went through some deep water. I didn't realise how deep until I'd gotten past it.
  10. Ate at Long John Silver's with my friends, their treat.
  11. Made/assisted with four Derby pies.
  12. Unloaded and loaded the dish washer there.
  13. Took care of a medical issue with one of the dogs that someone has to do every few days.
  14. Texted with another friend, who's ill with pinkeye, a double ear infection, and strep throat. I am not coming near him.
  15. Went to Good Foods Co-op. It was an Owner's Discount Day, so I got 10% off my order. Got some fennel and caraway seeds for the herb bread, some yummy yoghurt, vanilla bean for YKWIA, some incense, that sort of thing.
  16. Stopped at a gas station to get some soda for caffeine to keep me awake for cleaning tonight and tomorrow.
Now I'm kind of pooped, but I have stuff to do. Tomorrow is the deadline regarding cleaning the house in order to play in the game. I know this is sounding like a broken record, but I'm not sure I'll make it. We'll see. On the one hand, I'm enjoying getting the house in order and de-hoarding. On the other, I'm so tired of doing it. :( But I do have to, and it's good in the long run to do it. :)

Tomorrow's agenda:
  1. Cords and random electronic stuff (small things, but a good size box of them) to the electronics recycling place on Versailles Road.
  2. A few more things for Goodwill.
  3. Finish the bedroom.
  4. Clean the tub/shower.
  5. Rearrange the bathroom closet and under the sink.
  6. Rearrange under the fish tank.
  7. Fill the fish tank and work on getting more filtration going through. (The power went off yesterday and I couldn't get it pumping again.)
  8. Go through the house and get random things put away.
  9. Do the dishes.
  10. Work on a chest of drawers.
  11. Vacuum.
I think that's enough. Oh, and game notes, assuming I can finish everything else!

No comments: