Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Up working early, but it's time for a break

I've been up since 4 am working on the house, and it's 5:40 now. In that time I have:
  • Moved books to shelves in the closet.
  • Emptied out the drawers of the antique chest of drawers.
  • Moved herbs to a drawer in the chest of drawers.
  • Moved the bread-making staples like flour that aren't in canisters to those cabinets.
  • Straightened up the cabinet above the stove.
  • Collected various things for the electronic recycling into two boxes.
  • Put away various holiday things.
  • Cleaned out the hall closet.
  • Moved the Rosemoon Guild files to the hall closet.
  • Cleaned out the top of the bedroom closets.
  • Drunk copious amounts of Diet Sunkist already.
Whew! Not bad for an hour and a half, really. The one drawer left to really work on in the chest of drawers will be loose photos, which are all on the bed. I'm gong to put those temporarily there until I can get more albums for the ones I want to keep.

There's still quite a bit to do in the bedroom, maybe three boxes plus the stuff on the bed to find places for or give to Goodwill (I've thrown out or recycled a lot as well. Also, there are four boxes of papers to go through from the hall closet, most of which I suspect will get recycled. Once I get the bedroom and those done, there will be the bathroom sink cabinet and closet, the fish tank, take out the trash and recycling, and then some minor stuff out in the rest of the house and vacuuming. I might pull this off after all. I have 13 hours before I have to let YKWIA if I'm playing in the game or not. Granted, at some point I'll have to go the recycling centre this morning and perhaps Goodwill as well. But still....

No comments: