Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, May 01, 2013

It's May Day, and I'm having the urge to garden

Which is somewhat difficult to do, when you don't have a yard, balcony, or really even a private patio. My solution? Window boxes. I could have gotten some lovely flowers, and it's true the purple sweet potato vine looked promising, but instead I got some herbs and strawberries. There are six strawberry plants, two for each box, plus a rosemary, sage, lemon thyme, oregano, sweet basil, and dill. Wish me luck!

Work went really well today. I got there a little early and stayed a little late, in order to make up some of my time from Monday's doctor's appointment. I had a lot of sheets to enter, and I dreaded it, alphabetising them slowly. But then I sort of caught a second wind and actually got everything in, meaning I've caught up there. Tomorrow will be a lot of shelving and doing interlibrary lending in preparation for being off again on Friday.

I also gave blood this morning. The phlebotomist got the vein in one stick, yay. I try to give blood about twice a year, and I'm on my fourth or maybe even my fifth gallon of donating (I started when I was 17). I don't always manage to, of course, and there's lots of people who have given more over their lifetime. But I do try. What I forgot was you're not supposed to lift anything heavy for about 24 hours, so instead of doing the rest of the books, I'm going to go through boxes of papers and some of the lighter stuff. I am going to do some laundry tonight, though, but I don't have heavy loads of it, and I have the carts and the car for that matter, if need be.

But I'm going to start the evening's work by opening up my windows. It is far too warm in here, and it's a lovely day, sunny and about 81 degrees. :)

No comments: