Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Nice to see a good national news story from Kentucky

Mother uses Ky. law to pull daughter from heroin: Casey's Law allows parents to petition the court to order an adult into involuntary drug treatment
Candice Williamson was getting sick from withdrawal. She craved a fix, but she was at her parents' house in Bromley, Ky.

She drew a bath and quietly prepared a syringe of heroin.

"I was going through the sickness," the 19-year-old heroin addict recalled. "I told my mom I was going to take a bath. I was sitting on the floor.

"She walked in. She took it from me. It was really bad."

For Robin Knott, turning the doorknob of her bathroom and seeing her then 18-year-old daughter with a needle was the end of suspicion that Williamson was addicted to heroin. It was the beginning of Knott's determination to fight for her daughter's life -- even if it might crush their relationship.

No comments: