Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, April 22, 2011

I'm surprisingly bouncy

On three hours' of sleep. At about four it occurred to me that although gadgets have a certain adrenaline spike for me, the fact that I sat at the computer and phone and consumed almost an entire 2 litre of Diet Coke after 7 pm after having precious little caffeine the last few nights probably explained my sleeplessness best.

So I woke up this morning to what will probably become a daily ritual. First it's wake up to an alarm (in this case, a rooster's call--it seemed the most likely to wake me up--I like the chance for multiple alarms [I have one set to remember my Lantus at night and to change jobs at the time clock mid-shift]). Then I check the weather outside and do a quick scan of the news to make sure that civilisation hasn't gone belly up. Then it's a shower, dressing, and the regular stuff.

My blood sugar is not surprisingly high this morning, what with pizza last night, lack of sleep, and late Lantus (at 4 am). But I checked it and put in in to an application that will track blood sugar, meds, etc., and it lets you write in pretty detailed notes. It's like having a PDA again, but on a phone. :)

I have a shopping list for Walgreens ready on my phone, superior to anything on the Kindle, and less bulky.

I promise this blog will not be about how my mind was quickly subsumed by technology. Really. But it's new and fun. :)

Okay, I need to pick up some meds. I've been out of my oral meds for a couple of days and need to get back in the swing of things. Have a great day.

No comments: