Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, April 28, 2011

I'm not sure this is true; it may be one of those Facebook rumours

Okay, I do not approve of beatings, and I'm sure their lawyers will have a field day, if this is true. But, to quote Evie from The Mummy: 'You know, nasty little fellows such as yourself always get their comeuppance. Always.'

Mississippi town figures out simple, effective way to stop Westboro Baptist Church funeral protest

According to this story (and I haven't been able to verify it, as it's making the rounds but has only been picked up so far by FoxNews, which isn't the most reputable in my opinion), one protester who'd come to town got beaten when he started spouting off at a local gas station. Protestors at the hotel discovered that pickup trucks were blocking all the cars with Kansas license plates. Those who did make it to the funeral were quietly requested by the police to come with them to discuss a crime and missed the funeral during the routine questioning.

The story originally came from an Old Miss message board and then to this site:

Westboro Baptist Church Goes To Mississippi – And Loses

My gut tells me that this is not precisely what happened, that there may have been a grain of truth in it, but of course the devil is in the details. I'll keep an eye out for more information.

But, oh, I believe they really will get their comeuppance for all that hate they spew, someday.

No comments: