Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, June 08, 2012

Not surprisingly

I got about as far as 6:30 pm and then crashed till about 10 pm, missing a call from the husband of my own personal patron (hey, he calls me his personal librarian) for an urgent question. So bleary eyed, I checked my messages, researched the question, left a message for him via his husband (it being Sabbath, he couldn't talk on the phone himself), and then took a quick walk outside to stretch my legs and clear my head.

It's been an extremely busy week, both in the library and with revenue cycle, and although I got a lot done, I spent most of the week (and continue to be) behind in all sorts of things, which isn't good. Monday and Tuesday are going to be killer clinics, too, so short of overtime, I'm not sure how to catch up, although perhaps I'll have a better perspective then. I spent all day trying to do so, given that it was slow (we had our big sports clinic outside, and most people were outside most of the day). Lunch was free (they even had veggie burgers), and I had a tiny scoop of Amish ice cream (after grilling my co-worker, who has a background in both biology and farming as to its safety). But I'm not used to feeling this behind. Still, as they say, tomorrow is another day.

Tomorrow I have a lot to do with and for my friends, plus I just am not up to game notes tonight. Sunday is the game and all that entails. But I absolutely have to get some rest this weekend if I'm in hope of tackling things Monday. I just don't know how to put everything into the number of hours I have. To be quite honest I'm going to have to start early tomorrow, so maybe I should head on back to bed. Good night.

No comments: