Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, June 28, 2012

That's so sweet

I hadn't gotten around to posting yet tonight, so one of my friends decided he should check up on me. I had fallen asleep, of course. I can't listen to 60s music to keep awake every night. Thanks, Brandon.

It was 100 degrees when I came home, and topped out at 102 for the day. At work they made sure I had a ride, for which I'm grateful. Even now, at 10 pm, it's still 91. This is crazy. And Saturday, when I have a few errands to run, it will be worse.

The house is in good shape. I got up a little early today to take the trash out and do a few dishes, as the exterminator was coming for their regular visit. Maybe that's why I crashed. Now I feel a little groggy, and I think my blood sugar is up. Today I had the hardest time checking my blood sugar. Usually I check it on the side of my hand, no problem. Today was the day I would not bleed. I stuck myself five times this morning until I had success, and at least twice each meal afterwards.

Ironically, in light of Nora Ephron's death, I happen to have Julie and Julia out from Netflix. I think I'll watch it tomorrow night.

That's pretty much what's been going on in my world. I am actually considering donating a small amount of money to the Obama campaign; I'd like to see him in a second term. I can't donate much, but in light of some of the social issues and things like the health care victory, I think he will do a whole lot better for my interests than Romney ever would.

No comments: