Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Believe it or not...

I got up at five this morning and did four loads of laundry, including the bedclothes. In the process I enjoyed the relatively cool weather, with a robin singing merrily and a heron flying overhead as the the rosy fingers of dawn began to spread across the sky. It was in the 50s this morning and just got up to the low 80s. Thursday is projected to be 102 and Friday 101, so we should enjoy it while we can.

I nearly hurt myself getting ready for work. The clothes came out at 7, and I needed to leave by 7:30. I had just told myself that I had to slow down regardless of the time, when I did something I almost never do--I put my foot up on the ledge of the tub so I could dry my leg off. Usually I put it on the toilet lid or go into the bedroom and put it up on the bed, but no, this time I put it up on the tub, and of course it was slippery. My foot slipped out from under me. I did the splits, straddling the tub. Fortunately I didn't fall completely; I would probably have wound up hitting my head. Then there would have been the crawling into the bedroom to call 911 and wait for EMTs to come and get the naked woman who is a danger to herself (but rarely others) off of the floor. But I was a little sore on the way to work.

Work was good. I got a good start on the filing. Lunch was good--tortilla-encrusted tilapia with herbed and wild rice with almonds, grilled vegetables, and macaroni and cheese. Not bad for cafeteria food.

I weighed myself today. I am three pounds from 300. That's scary.

I got a ride home, and I had Simon & Garfunkel in my head, so the first thing after I put my bags down was put Pandora Radio on and now I'm listening to them and to related music (right now it's Simon's 'You Can Call Me Al') and eating pine nut hummus.

Okay, I guess I should go fold the laundry. It's on the bed and I laid a few things out flat that would otherwise wrinkle, but the rest is just sitting there waiting to be folded and put away.

No comments: