Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Whew!

I usually get up at 6:30-7 am, but decided to sleep in till 9:30 this morning. Since I woke up, however, I have:
  1. Scrubbed the shower with a bleach gel of doom that now permeates the house. Normally I try for more natural cleaners, but the shower really needed this.
  2. Removed the old shower liner and hung the new one.
  3. Taken a shower.
  4. Taken out the trash, including the old liner.
  5. Taken out the recyclables, which were overflowing because I've been using the big hamper for clothes.
  6. Burned some lavender incense in the hopes it has power over bleach.
  7. Fixed brunch (eggs, cheese, peppers, onions, tomatoes, and portabella mushrooms. I can't call it an omelet, because I don't have the hang of omelet flipping, but it is tasty). Last night I cooked, too--summer squash, zucchini, garlic, onions, tomatoes, and cheese, cooked up in a skillet without shredding the squash this time. :)
Now I'm finally sitting down to eat. The main thing left on my agenda today is laundry, including bedding. I don't have any game notes to do; I finished those last week and then we didn't play due to Father's Day. (Brenda and her husband went to see Prometheus. She was of the opinion that the characters did some utterly dumb things in it that we would never do in the game. Of course, we've done some really dumb things, so I don't know about that. :) Of course, in the game it's all a learning experience, albeit sometimes without your beloved character anymore. In real life it doesn't work that way, and in movies, if the writers make your character do stupid things, you don't get to be cast in the sequel. Of course, since that was a 'prequel', it may not matter.)

Okay, I'm finished eating. I'm not quite ready for laundry. I think I'll check some things online first. Hope your weekend is off to a good start, too.

No comments: