Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, June 18, 2012

Productivity

I had fallen asleep for awhile but had awoken from an odd dream when a friend called, and we talked for awhile. In the midst of our conversation, I started dusting my living room, because the electronics I've been playing with are quite dusty and there's some around the rest of the room, too. Then, after getting off the phone, I washed the hand washables, unloaded the dishwasher, cleaned my microwave, and added five gallons of treated water to top off the aquarium. Not bad for a small burst of energy.

I had gone out and gotten a soda from the laundry room while on the phone (that may be where the burst of energy came from; I don't think it will affect my sleep, it usually has to be a lot when I haven't had any in awhile, even though it was late for caffeine), and just being outside in the muggy night took my breath away, and I had to use my inhaler. I don't know if there are more allergens at night or what. But I feel better now, and of course was fine doing all the lifting (the water) and scrubbing (the dishes and microwave).

The house is in good shape except I still need to bring order to the dresser top and some of the bookshelves, and I really need to buckle down and clean my shower/tub. The rest of the bathroom is in good shape, but the tub looks kind of scary. But I don't want to use the cleaner that works, that has bleach in it, tonight because that will make me have trouble breathing again, and the whole house smells like the stuff when I do, so that may be for Wednesday.

Tomorrow we're doing the big grocery run, so I'll probably be busy for a good couple of hours and won't feel like cleaning when I get home.

Ah, the aquarium sounds like a gently babbling brook rather than a waterfall. That's good. I'll have to add water more often; the plastic strip that the glass top hooks into keeps falling. It's cut to allow for the filter, but has a groove the glass fits into, and apparently it's either warped or I'm not getting it in right, because it keeps going into the tank. Without it on, the water evaporates a little more quickly.

Okay, back to sleep, hopefully without odd dreams of pizzerias without food.

No comments: