Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sometimes it's just a matter of timing

I got on the bus as it sprinkled and the thunder rolled in the distance. While on the bus it rained quite hard. I transferred at the transit centre, which is, of course, shaded from the rain. When I got off that bus, it was sunny. I never had to open my umbrella. Yay!

We didn't have the game; Brenda and her family went to see a movie for Father's Day. I'm glad I held out on getting snacks. I had a feeling we wouldn't play. We'll go on the big grocery run sometime this week. I did my chores as per normal, but then visited with both friends, watched YouTube videos with one, and played with the dogs, since they did not get to see their beloved Brenda. They love me, but they fawn over her.

So now it's home and dinner--tomato basil pizza burgers by Morningstar Farms. They were on sale today so I bought two packages (the other was their classic grillers) and shared the bounty. I really had a desire to stop at Zaxby's and get some mozzarella bites and a milkshake, but fought off the temptation.

The Roku box is at work, delivered yesterday according the tracking--I checked on the tablet on the way home. I wish I had thought to call yesterday and check with our receptionist, but it didn't occur to me that it would arrive so fast--I ordered it Wednesday night, it had a 3-5 business day window, but arrived on Saturday, so I thought that was pretty good. If I'd known, I would have stopped by on my way home yesterday, but that's okay. A little wait will do me good. But tomorrow I should be able to configure and set it up.

Okay, now I need to decide if I should do laundry tonight or Monday. I'm really not in a laundry mood (do you get the feeling I don't care for that particular chore?) I don't mind it if I have a washer and dryer in my apartment, but I don't. I have to put everything into a cart, roll it across the complex, carry it down to the laundry room, and then reverse the process when everything's clean. Assuming we don't do the Kroger run tomorrow (and I don't see us doing that with A's schedule), then I'll have a couple of extra hours to do it tomorrow.

I think I'll go clean up the supper stuff, unpack the rest of the groceries I got today, and get everything ready for tomorrow so I can just grab my bag and go. (I have all my meds in my backpack, as I didn't have time to put them in their pill box earlier. I did that over at my friends' house, so I can take those back out, along with the voice recorder and batteries that I use for the game (and occasionally for library committee meetings). :) Oh, and I need to check to see what library books are due tomorrow and put them in my bag.)

Other than that, there's not much to do. I'm not quite up to Julie and Julia, the DVD I have out right now from Netflix. I may read for awhile and listen to some music. That sounds relaxing. I probably won't blog any more tonight, but you probably didn't expect me to blog on a Sunday anyway. Have a good evening.

No comments: