Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, June 15, 2012

I didn't sleep well last night

I thought I'd made an error that caused me a lot of tossing and turning. I finally realised I could check on it, and got up and did so, and I think everything's fine. But I really worried that people who depend on me to do something right would be screwed way beyond the time I put one of their bill payments in a box (we don't know what type) thinking it was a drop box rather than getting it to a teller or real drop box. I've never lived this down. This would be 10 times worse. Anyway I'm a little relieved, but now of course it's a half-hour before I'm due to get up, and the chirpy birds and babbling brook that my Gentle Alarm uses have already started--I can hear it from the other room.

Tonight I should be able to enter the 21st century in that I should be able to set up a wi-fi network in my apartment. I found a not-very-expensive (I want to avoid the word 'cheap' and its connotations) router from Amazon and it should be here today, which isn't bad as I ordered it Wednesday night. I'm tired of having to run to the library to update any of the big applications from Amazon (anything over 20 MB), plus it furthers my plan to discard cable and use streaming video, as I also ordered a Roku box for streaming it through my TV. That should be here in a few days, and was at a much better Father's Day rate than Amazon at the Roku website. So I am spending some, but the key is I can save in the long run.

Oops, there goes my regular alarm. I'd better go...

No comments: