Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, June 29, 2012

H-O-T!!!

It's 101 currently, with a heat index at about 111. Fortunately a co-worker gave me a ride home, so I didn't have to stand outside waiting for the bus. It comes about 25 minutes after I get off work. (LexTran buses run ever 35 minutes during peak times and every 70 minutes on non-peak times, except on Sunday, when it's hourly).

I'm eating a dinner of grilled cheese and scrambled eggs tonight--something easy yet tasty.

Tonight and tomorrow I have free to myself (tonight was in doubt; a friend called me about coming over, but it turned out the tech problem he was having apparently fixed itself). I want to stay in as much as possible. I'm not even sure that I, being extremely pale and prone to heat issues, should try going to the pool with it this hot. I should go get my rent taken care of (although if all else fails, I've got until Thursday to pay it), and pick up a few things at the store. Also, there's a farmer's market very close to my house I'd like to check out. But if I do any of that, it'll be early, like 8-10 am. I could go to the store before the bank opens, then the bank, then the farmer's market on the way home (well, it's mostly on the way home, with a detour of a maybe 150 yards, so not long to walk). If it's really hot already, I may just wait till Monday to get my rent and hit the farmer's market only, as I think you can get bread there, and that's the main thing I would have gotten at Kroger. We'll see. The afternoon can be used for game notes, inside, in front of the computer, with the air conditioning on. :)

No comments: