Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Well, I did get quite a lot done

and spoke to my boss about what's going on in terms of the amount of time it takes to get the referrals and how it's affecting the rest of my work. It's like being a private detective. Sometimes I have to try three different places to get the right physician's office, or go through interminable insurance lines, etc. I was also stressed about the data entry sheets that I was behind on last week, but he assured me that although we aim to get them within the timeframe allotted and it's good not to make it a practice of being late, it doesn't mean we won't get paid, just that there may be a delay. So I feel significantly less stressed, and got all of yesterday's sheets in plus several referrals, and managed to actually do some interlibrary loans and other things for the library, too. I got calls in for most referrals this week, so I can start gearing up for a busy time next week as well.

I stopped by the library and downloaded an update to a computerised jigsaw puzzle program and a game called Rocket Weasel that was free the other day from Amazon. I also downloaded a game that was free today called Ninja Chicken, which is pretty fun, and funny. I sometimes play games on the bus ride home or in lieu of television in the evenings. The Ninja Chicken game I downloaded earlier today over 4G, and played it during my lunch.

I picked up a couple of books at the library, including one called The American Way of Eating: Undercover at Walmart, Applebee's, Farm Fields and the Dinner Table that looked interesting.

Speaking of eating, I think it's time to scrounge up something for dinner and check the news. I'll write later.

No comments: