Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Well, I found one additional benefit to posting about my life

Blood supplies are pretty low this time of year, so I'm getting appeals from the Kentucky Blood Center, with a twist. If you donate at KBC during their Summer4Life promotion, which runs through September 14th, you are automatically entered to win a 2012 Toyota RAV4. Now, I would donate regardless, but as someone who doesn't own a car, this did, I must admit, pique my interest. Granted, I probably couldn't afford the taxes and delivery costs to actually accept the prize, but it would be fun to win, even though I have some issues with SUVs. :) At least, as SUVs go, it's a small one, not one of those types that take over the road. Anyway, I thought I might schedule a donation this Saturday (although the weather may be an issue, as it will be very hot), but I didn't know how long it has been since my last donation, and whether I'd be eligible. By searching this blog, I was able to find out that it was April 24th, so I should be able to donate then. We'll see. I am all about donating when possible, but waiting for a bus in 104 degree weather is not good).

I got two t-shirts in the mail this morning. One is for a friend, which I think he'll enjoy immensely, and the other is a Miskatonic University Department of Library Sciences shirt with chains on the book with a phrase in Latin around the design that translates to 'fire is to be used as a last resort'. That sounds awful if you're not familiar with Lovecraftian Mythos books. :) The shirts were from www.offworlddesigns.com, the same people who did my League of Extraordinary Librarians shirt and the cat in glasses reading a book that so many people compliment me on. I would highly recommend them in terms of their products and service. I am definitely wearing this shirt to the game Sunday, even if it is black and it's supposed to be 102 degrees (slightly less than Saturday).

No comments: