Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, June 21, 2012

I would have liked to be more productive at home tonight

Having two things to do--laundry and cleaning the bathtub/shower so I can hang a new liner. But today was very busy at work and included me moving about fifteen boxes of books to various places, as I am losing some of the storage I had reclaimed from my former closet. They're playing musical offices; in total four people/offices are involved, and the person who got the office in the library needs the back closet office as well. So yesterday we were told about the move and could I have my stuff out by Friday?

Well, I got it all moved. I also cleaned out my grey totes that were near my desk (the totes are mine; the stuff was the hospital's, but I found most of it could go, being files from 2001 and such). I've brought one empty tote home. I didn't bring another one home today because I was going to the store for the shower liner. But I'll bring one home a day, so three more to go. I'm getting an actual filing cabinet in that space for all the sheets I'm creating with referrals and the ones for charges. I have some items to recycle, and then all that will be finished. But tomorrow I need to be sure to order and copy some articles for one of the doctors, plug get a jump on the referrals for next week--there are several surgeries.

Unfortunately I wound up with a pretty substantial headache with all the moving, and then being out in the heat and sun, so I laid down for awhile this evening. The one good thing about today was that the buses were free. Well, it didn't impact me a lot because I have an unlimited pass, but it was a good thing and I got another one of those nylon bags like they gave out on Earth Day, which I've found are very compact and useful. It was Dump the Pump day, so all rides were free. So for those folks paying a dollar or so a ride, that was pretty good.

I think I'll put some music on and chill for a bit. A friend said he'd talk to me later about his day, so I presume he'll call me about the time I'm ready for bed. :) But for now I think I'll curl up with a book and listen to music.

The one sad thing about today was I found a turtle? tortoise? dead as I got off the bus this morning. That put a bit of a damper to my spirits. Also I wore shoes without inserts that contributed a lot to pain in my ankle and around the old area of the stress fractures. I couldn't wear my sandals (which do pretty well with my feet) today because I was going to be loading things on carts and moving it, and didn't want to roll over a toe or something without protection. I chose some white trainers instead of my normal black New Balance shoes which I usually wear, and that was a mistake. Anyway, tomorrow it's back to sandals. And it's jeans day, woo-hoo! so I'll wear my jean capris, which will be better than today's outfit, which surreptitiously included jeans--they're khaki though, so most people don't notice. I wanted something that I could get dusty in. But they were full pants to the ankle, and fairly heavy, and that's no good in 90 degree weather, even with a fairly thin shirt.

No comments: