Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, June 02, 2012

I'm home

Apparently the pictures look fine on a regular computer. It may just be because I was getting less than 4G service in Danville, so the loading of the pictures timed out.

It was a very good visit, with the exception that my mom took a bad spill right before we left Danville, hitting her cheek on a marble table, as well as skinning up her hip and possibly spraining her ankle. She has my grace, you see. Fortunately, it looks like they're just painful but minor problems, although they'll keep an eye on her to see if she does alright once the shock wears off. She was carrying the hourglass my grandmother had said I could have (it's table sized, about two feet high) and tripped on a basket of magazines. Fortunately, the marble table, the bowl and pitcher on it, and the hourglass all survived as well, although of course my mom's the important one here.

It was a very good visit and quiet. Ma's still feisty, even at 88. It was good to see Sharon and Terry (although I wish I'd seen Eddie and Sharon as well). Everyone seems to be doing fine. I didn't see any of my step-brothers, who tend to have a lot of drama associated with them. Really, Momma's fall was the only negative thing about the trip. Even the weather mostly cooperated. It was a little cool and cloudy yesterday, but didn't rain or anything. And today is very pleasant.

I've unpacked partially, eaten a bit, re-potted a plant, and now I must admit I feel like a nap. I think I may turn off the air conditioning (it isn't running anyway, since I have it set to kick on at something like 76 and it's below that) and open the windows. I'm trying to decide if I want to go anywhere--this is my last day with this bus pass. But tomorrow we should be going to Kroger's for the big run, and I can get a new one then, plus snacks for the game. At least I don't have to do game notes now--I finished those last week, and then we didn't play.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: