Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Today marks the 104th anniversary of a mysterious explosion in Siberia

knownas the Tunguska event. Over the last century there have been many theories for the 1908 explosion, which was about a thousand times more powerful than the nuclear blast at Hiroshima in 1945. Theories have ranged from a mid-air explosion of a meteoroid or comet to the more far-fetched ones involving aliens. I've always found it interesting. There's also an article on the Tunguska event in popular culture that you might find worth looking over. I remember reading about it in books on mysteries as a child and the episode of 'In Search Of...' called 'Siberian Fireball' when I was 11, as well, so I've known about it since I was a kid.

No comments: