Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, November 23, 2012

I've been occupying myself with a game of

Civilization IV. I almost had the spaceship built, but not quite, but did win a time victory at least. I refused to give Louis XIV the diplomatic one. :) I do like the turn-based game where you build up cultures (and I try not to get sucked into wars, but that's just me) but my back is hurting because of the wheelchair I'm in being not at all ergonomic with the rest of the workstation. But hey, at least I can get to the computer.

The sun came out awhile ago and is now very bright. It's warm in here, too, although it's cool outside and going down in temperature. I've noticed the Christmas cactus buds are starting to open just a bit. I managed to water the pepper in the bedroom, but the rosemary is quite dessicated. I cannot seem to grow them inside at all.

Of course, the humidity in here feels like it's almost nil. Where I'm spending so much time inside (and we're on day 42 of no proper shower, but I did take a sponge bath today), my skin is terribly dry. Again, I want that loofah and a long hot shower soon. I do have various lotions I've been using. Right now I have some Bath & Body works Stress Relief Aromatherapy lotion with eucalyptus and spearmint on.

I did some shopping earlier online, getting something for YKWIA and for my mother. I called and asked A what he would like for the holidays. Despite being stuck inside, I am trying to get ready for the holidays, though. I'll give him a little time to think it over. I may have to do some searching for the other folks on my list; nothing just jumped out like the others did.

I think I am going to take a break from the computer for just awhile so my back puts itself back into some semblance of order and then start working on the game notes again. It would be nice to lie down, although I've only been up for about six hours. We'll see. I've done really well about staying up and don't want to backslide at all. But stretching out would be nice.

No comments: