Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, November 12, 2012

Poor fishie

My tank is having some issues, building up some algae, but I had noticed that I was only seeing four goldfish and not the five that are normally there. So I had begun to wonder if I'd lost one. Well, it's floating at the top of the water right now, so I have my answer. Fortunately, it's not the big effusive one. Thanks to Brandon, who offered to fish it out for me tomorrow. Not everyone will mess with dead fish. I have been feeding them, but their light stays on more often than not because it's hard for me to reach. Maybe I stressed it to death, or given the algae bloom, the nitrates may be up. Still, they've survived pretty well despite a tank that nothing else would survive in. They're feeder goldfish, but they're pretty, and they have 29 gallons in a long tank to play with. :) Hopefully they'll survive till I'm able to really go in and work on cleaning it up a bit. At least they have plenty of water thanks to Brenda.

No comments: