Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Okay, Microsoft is pissing me off

I paid for and downloaded the Windows 8 upgrade. I then tried to install it. Although the compatibility was supposed to be fine, it got all the way to the end, said there had been an error (but didn't explain what) and then restored (thankfully) my Windows 7 operating system.

So I went to Microsoft, and signed up for an MSN ID so that I could get live tech support, signed in, and it kept looping me right out of the support area and back to square one.

So basically, I just paid $39.99 (plus tax) for something that doesn't work and can't get the help I need from the manufacturer, because their system is apparently screwy. This does not give me faith in Windows 8. Oh, well, I'll keep looking for a solution.

No comments: