Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, November 24, 2012

So, on the days that I have too much caffeine

I have no trouble staying up for long periods of time, but it takes a couple of hours to wind down into sleep at best. On the days without, I'm up for a couple of hours and then sleep very soon. Obviously I need to find a balance, or somehow just break the caffeine cycle. My caffeine comes in the form of Diet Soda, so it's not as strong as coffee. I don't drink tea. I don't do energy drinks. But it is definitely an issue with my sleep-wake cycle.

On an average workday I have two-three 20 oz. sodas, and then rarely have any at home. I don't have trouble sleeping then. But at home I'm drinking more than that, a whole 2-litre a day or five-six 12 oz. sodas. So I've got to throttle back on it. It's not like soda's particularly good for you, including and especially the diet ones. YKWIA has been getting on to me for years for my soda consumption. So even though I'd like to get some more and I'm sure I could ask someone to bring me some, I'm not going to. I'll try to go a few days and see if my sleepiness abates. If not, then I'll try to go back to my norm instead of the way too much I've been drinking.

No comments: