Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I'm thinking of upgrading to Windows 8

despite the fact that I don't like the ugly tiled interface (but you can still get to the regular desktop, which I usually personalise with slideshows), and I can live without the start button as long as things come up when I go to that part of the screen. Microsoft is offering Windows 8 Pro for only $39.99 if you download it electronically ($69.99 if you get a DVD). Windows Media Center Pack is not included if you want movie DVDs to play on your system, but they're offering that for free during the same promotional period, from October 26th-January 31st. So for $39.99 I could get the new operating system. I'm doing some research on the web, but if you have already upgraded I'd like to know your experience and if it was positive or negative, or what new features you think make it worthwhile. Feel free to comment below or send me an e-mail with the link to the left. Thanks!

No comments: