Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I just spent an hour

trying to deposit a cheque by phone. I've done it before, it worked fine, but I was under fluorescent lights then. But no, did this? Even in the brightest light of the house? At a time when I'm basically homebound and could really use that feature to work, did it? The problem is they require you to write 'for deposit only [bank name] mobile banking' under the endorsement. I was afraid I messed up the cheque so they wouldn't honour it at the branch, although surely this happens fairly often. So then I called my bank and went through a robomenu from hell that wouldn't understand a word I was saying. You'd have thought I had a Scottish accent. :) But I finally got a representative, who gave me the secret (*00) to cutting through that. He assured me that I or someone else could come in and deposit the cheque and since it hadn't gone through already everything was fine. I hope that's the case when a friend takes it in soon.

Grrr. On the other hand, I've been up since 7 am without going to bed once. I've washed hair and self, gone out to an appointment, done physical therapy, talked to friends in person, on the phone, and also texted with Brandon, tried to deposit the cheque, just a whole bunch of stuff. And so far I haven't crashed. That may be coming soon, though. :)

No comments: