Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Listening to

Evanescence, "Imaginary", from Fallen

Tonight was meant to be the eve of a fun and adventurous trip to Chicago. I was going to leave tomorrow, flying there at the expense of a regional committee I am on, but going up a day ahead of our meetings on Thursday and Friday and staying the night at my own expense. I was going to go to the Field Museum of Natural History for sure. Instead, I'll be at home, although possibly using Skype to attend the meetings on some level.

All is not lost. I should be able to go next autumn when they meet again. But it's not every day you get to visit a large city for three days for the price of a hotel room (at a group rate) for one night and one day's expenses. So that's one loss from the accident.

Oh, well. Maybe something good will come out of all this that will make things better.

No comments: