Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Building up some stamina

I was up for seven hours earlier today; I've been up nearly six now and hope to go to bed about 11:30 or midnight. That's three days of staying up for goodly amounts of time. I am having some trouble with using the walker for fairly short trips, like down the hall and into the bathroom and bedroom without getting winded. I think my allergies are bothering me despite taking Claritin this morning.

I just spoke to YKWIA for two and a half hours on the phone. My poor phone is down to 25% of battery. But it was nice to chat. We both had a lovely Thanksgiving. I have to admit, I am more relaxed than usual during the holiday.

I was planning on working on the game notes tonight, but it's gotten late, so I may for just a little bit and save some for tomorrow, since there's nothing else on my agenda. I have checked and I have everything re-installed so that I can do so.

I've been playing with Windows 8 and getting the programs I need pinned to the right menus so I can go right into them either from the tiled interface or the desktop. I can already tell that if we ever need to upgrade YKWIA's computer, Windows 8 is enough of a radical change that there are going to be issues. I love YKWIA, but he doesn't like change much. He's still using an old copy of Office XP because it doesn't have the tabs and ribbon. Just taking the Start button away may be enough to make his head spin, but hey, I'm sure he'll do fine once he gets used to it. Hopefully that won't have to be for a long time. I will say it would be much easier to use on a touchscreen, but I'm not going to get one of those any time soon, and I already have my Android tablet, which I adore and which I am so thankful to have had during my recovery. I use it several times a day, and while the computer was busy updating, was able to look up several things on the tablet.

Now that we've almost reached the end of the holiday, I hope things went well for all of you in the US who celebrate it. The one regret I have is that I totally forgot about the Macy's parade; I'm usually on my way to my mom's during it. I could have watched it today. It's nice that it gave some cheer to those affected by Hurricane Sandy.

No comments: