Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, November 23, 2012

It's a little gloomy out there

which is probably why I slept late; I'd turned my alarm off because I'd been waking up way before it, but the sun isn't shining, so the glow in my window is a little subdued. I went to bed at midnight last night, but didn't manage to sleep until about one-something, but that's alright, I got in eight hours of mostly undisturbed sleep. One of the first things I did this morning, though, was wash my hair, as it was positively driving me crazy. It was worse than Snape's.

So now I'm up and have had a little cheese for breakfast, and I'm thinking of all those crazy people out at the stores this morning. Well, a lot probably are heading home by now. I do not get the mad rush for bargains. It's not worth it to me, and I very rarely have much money to spend on the holidays, so I like a bargain as much as the rest of the world. But not that much.

Now that my hair is washed, the only other thing is to work on the game notes today. Today is a day of relaxation for a lot of people, shopping for others. It's a day like most any day for me at the moment, but that's fine. The end is in sight and I'll hopefully be back at work someday soon.

It looks like most of my neighbours have the day off, too. There are a lot of cars in the parking lot for this time of day. I feel a bit like Mrs Kravitz from 'Bewitched'. I'm usually sitting at the computer by the window and am doing a lot of watching the world go by, whether it's squirrels and birds or people coming in and out of the building. I usually know my visitors are here before they knock (well, in truth, most have texted or called ahead; they know it takes me awhile to get to the door).

I have determined that once I am up walking well again there are two things in my house that must be done: vacuuming and dusting. I have dropped so much on the floor, everything from Jell-O and jam to tiny pen needle covers, and so a good carpet cleaning might be in order, too. Since I'm sitting down as I go through much of the apartment, I'm seeing the dust much better. I hate dusting, and it doesn't build up easily in my house, but it has. It's the last thing I always clean over at the gamemaster's house each Sunday. I think it's because I am allergic to dust and dust mites and hate that feeling of getting stuffed up and sneezing. But it must be done.

Well, I checked the news. Let me go see if there's anything else blog-worthy of note on the Internet to put up here. Hope you have a restful Friday after Thanksgiving.

No comments: