Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Success!

I am, indeed, running Windows 8, although at some cost. I disconnected the USB devices, except for the mouse and keyboard. Then I specifically asked the installer to keep my files, but not my settings. I don't have a lot of favourites or anything. However, it didn't keep the programs installed, so I may have to try to recover some of my games, although in truth I've only been playing Civilization IV, and I have the DVD for that, so that shouldn't be an issue. I have some neat ones from GameHouse from years ago that may or may not play on this anyway, we'll see.

I have discovered the best way to find something like, oh, putting the mouse back to left-handed (I'm not, but it saves wear and tear on my carpal tunnel to use the number pad on the right and the mouse on the left), and I'm pretty ambidextrous, by just searching in the main interface, and then it brings up the desktop with the right thing. After I've had a chance to play with the system, I'll try to review it. But for now, my frustration level has gone down.

No comments: