Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Turns out today was reasonably quiet

Brenda had Mother's Day plans after all, so we didn't play the game today, although I went over and did some things over there and visited for awhile. I got a beautiful skirt as a (belated) birthday present. It will go with several of my tops, and it fits perfectly. I'm going to wear it tomorrow.

Also, YKWIA introduced me to the sequel to the series 'Avatar: the Last Airbender', which is called 'The Legend of Korra'. We went through the 'Explore Republic City' section of the site and it was great. It comes on Saturdays at 11; I'll have to try to catch it or at least record it for watching later. The first five episodes are available on Nick.com's site.

Which makes me also want to go back and watch the full series of 'Avatar' (but never that awful movie where they seemed to get it all wrong). It's available on Netflix, so I think I'm going to treat myself to a little every day until I catch up. That's sixty-one episodes. I only saw part of the 'Book of Water' (season 1). And in the meantime, 'Korra' seems intriguing. Right now I just recorded 'Once Upon a Time', which I'm behind on, and right now it's 'Sherlock: The Hound of the Baskervilles'. I guess I'll have to wait until season 2 comes to Netflix since I missed the one with Irene Adler last week. Ah, well, such is life.

For now, though, I do believe I'm going to do a bit of reading. Oh, that reminds me. Do you have a smartphone or tablet, and are you a patron of the Lexington Public Library? Check out their new mobile application lexpublib2go. I've used it to look up books, renew an item, and check my account, as well as browse the e-books. And it does even more than that. It works on the iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Windows Mobile, Palm, Symbian and J2ME, which is pretty equal opportunity. They even have a QR code you can scan that will take you to the right source for your device.

No comments: