Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Such a shame

I would not really describe myself as a fan of Whitney Houston's, but I enjoyed her powerful and beautiful voice when I heard her. It's such a shame that drugs robbed her of that voice, and perhaps, her life, although it may be some time before the results in the investigation are announced.

She was only three years older than I, and battled daemons I cannot imagine. I wish things had turned out differently, and I hope she is finally at peace.

Although my favourite of her songs is her rendition of Dolly Parton's 'I Will Always Love You', I was listening to her singing the national anthem on YouTube and not only did tears come to my eyes, chills went up my spine. It is quite possibly the best performance of that notoriously difficult song, and she made it seem flawless. Here it is:

No comments: