Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, February 20, 2012

Seaweed

might be a decent ingredient in something, but eating pressed seaweed is not my idea of fun. I will taste most foods (as long as they're vegetarian), but a friend popped a sheet of seaweed in my mouth the other day and I gagged and gagged. The worst thing was, it stuck to my tongue and palate, and I couldn't swallow it, nor could I throw up, although it sure was making me want to. I finally had to go over to the trash can and scoop it out of my mouth with my fingers, which it even clung to like a limpet, and then I washed out the taste with orange soda and ate some cheese. Ugh. Nasty. Much worse than the Marmite (interesting, but not really what I'd like on toast) he had me try first, or the curry chips after. The curry chips might actually be good if they had oil and salt on them, but they came from a health food store and are made by people who lost all rights to their taste buds the moment they substitutied carob for chocolate and pronounced it nummy. He gave them to me and I'm going to use them with my Indian food, to see if that helps.

Anyway, the texture and the taste (which was much like how fish food smells) just got to me. The worst thing was the delay in getting it out of my mouth. I couldn't even spit. No food should cling that desperately to you.

No comments: