Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I'm a sucker for banned books, the Lorax, and tote bags

Win an 'I read banned books' tote bag from the American Library Association's @yourlibrary website in honour of Dr Seuss' upcoming birthday and the release of the movie, The Lorax.

The Lorax is my favourite of Dr Seuss' books. 'I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.' :)

I hadn't really thought about going to the movie. Normally I'm sceptical about full-length films made from books you can read in 15 minutes, but it does look intriguing. It's from the makers of 'Despicable Me', which I really enjoyed. And the granny is played by Betty White. :)



The next movie I will probably go to is The Hunger Games, also out next month. In fact, I may have it be my birthday movie this year. I still have a free pass to the cinema from our employee appreciation gift from last year.

No comments: