Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Listening to Natalie Merchant and chilling out

I've been doing a lot of cataloguing this week, trying to finally get all the books online. This is the third time I've done it, as there was an Access database at one time and then on LibraryWorld, which gave me a horrible export when I left. But LibraryThing works well for our small collection (I have more books at home), do it's a lot cheaper. What I do is put the NLM (National Library of Medicine) classification scheme numbers in the comments field, which can be displayed when browsing.

Now you ask, why do this when the collection is on a timed schedule to be dismantled? Well, for one, it helps to know what we have now. And it will help later. And so I catalogue.

No comments: