Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

So tomorrow's payday, which is great, although I doubt there will be much left

On the bright side, I still have a $42 credit on my electric bill (even getting some interest, from what I can tell) left over from my security deposit. On the other hand, I need to spend $125 on medicine alone tomorrow, plus some toiletries, pay my bills, get my bus pass, and if I'm lucky I'll have money for some food, which would be great because today I rolled $3.50 in pennies for lunch [they actually had vegetarian chili]. (I didn't even have enough for my 'free' pizza, because even though the points give you the pizza free, there's the delivery charge, tax, and tip to consider.) Fortunately when I got home I found some frozen vegetables to steam that come with pasta, a sauce, and cashews, so that's what I'm eating now. There's also one of spring vegetables in a citrus sauce to have for later if this isn't filling enough. I totally forgot they were in the refrigerator. Besides that there's a box of Irish oatmeal, some expired canned tuna, a can of pears, a can of sauerkraut, and a chickpea, barley, and mushroom soup I threw together from what was on hand, but I'm almost afraid to try it. (I really can't cook.) Still, I shouldn't let that go to waste, so I'll have some in a little while, unless it's just awful. We'll see.

No comments: