Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, November 05, 2010

How to know you've been fighting a war too damn long

Kids on 9/11 now fighting long Afghan war: Many of the troops who invaded in 2001 have left military and moved on

After awhile, don't you kind of lose sight of why? I don't think we have just yet, but still.... And the Afghani people have seen 30 years of war, with the Soviets, the Taliban, and the Americans/NATO forces all in that time. So sad.

I don't know what the outcome will be, but it will no doubt be messy. One of the things I like about the New York Times (I have a free two-month subscription on the Kindle, so I've being reading that every day) is that they always list the number of troops that have died by that day, along with any new ones. A great proportion seem to be from the 101st Airborne, which I believe is based, or at least partly so, here in Fort Campbell, Kentucky.

No comments: