Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Oh, I'm getting a late start today

I set the alarm for 7 am, but got up at 9:30. My plans for today:
  1. Go get something to eat (probably at Subway), for I have no food in the house. [I now have enough points for a free foot-long. They were pleasant, the radio was playing oldies, and I read part of the NY Times while eating.]
  2. Go to the grocery so I will have food in the house. [Yay for food in the house. Everything was incredibly healthy. I got things like yoghurt, applesauce, Indian food packets, and pouches of tuna that I could take to work. I'm spending way too much money in the cafeteria and snack machines now that I'm there 8 hours a day. But I got cereal for the mornings because if I get breakfast bars or Pop-Tarts, I eat them too fast. :) I also got some snacks for the game--cheese, crackers, grapes, and walnuts, since Brenda won't be there tomorrow and I actually thought ahead for goodies.]
  3. Pick up a bus pass at the grocery store. [Decided to wait till Tuesday, so I don't get them mixed up or anything.]
  4. Clean out the refrigerator to put said food away.
  5. Take out the trash.
  6. Finish the game notes.
  7. Pay my cable and cell phone bills.
It's not much, but it should occupy me for the next several hours, especially as I will have to schlep home with the granny cart. :) It's cloudy but I don't think it's supposed to rain today. Let's hope not, anyway.

No comments: