Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, November 21, 2010

First bus in, last bus out

Today was not a typical Sunday. I went over to do my normal pre-game activities, but there was no game as Brenda was off at a ball-and-joint doll meet (she makes clothes for them, then gets together with other enthusiasts every couple of months or so). Instead, the gamemaster and I spent the afternoon watching a marathon of Tower Prep through cable on-demand. It's an interesting show. It reminds me a bit of 'The Prisoner', although it's less cerebral, with more action. There have been five episodes so far--and I got to see four today. Unfortunately I had to leave on the last bus that would get me home before I could see the last one--the last bus you can take and still transfer to another leaves the transit centre at 7:20 pm on Sundays. I can watch it at home, of course, but it's not as fun as watching with a friend. :)

I will say (and there is a spoiler coming) that my years of playing Call of Cthulhu have taught me that if you find part to an old mainframe computer that happens to be mothballed deep under your school, do not put the part in. There was probably a reason it was abandoned in the first place, like perhaps that it is quite mad and ready to send shocking bolts of electricity at you if you don't essentially play a video game well. Hey, I'm just saying.

Anyway, it's the first TV show I've been interested in for awhile, with good character development and variety. The mysteries make it appealing. It comes on Tuesdays at 8 pm on the Cartoon Network (which perhaps should be renamed, as this is not a cartoon. Of course the History Channel has aliens and A&E ceased to have any arts on it long ago.)

No comments: