Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, November 29, 2010

One of our players left the game today

leaving just Brenda, myself, and the game master. It's nothing that can't be undone; she's welcome back anytime. We've been down to just the two of us before, with the game master taking over the play of former player characters as needed.

At the moment, my characters aren't involved in an adventure, although it sounds like one will be brought in next time. So I got to sit back and listen to things unfold. But I don't really mind that so much. I'm interested in unraveling the mystery and sometimes it helps to be out of the action in trying to determine what's going to happen next. But next week it should be more of a joint effort.

I'm pretty tired. I've been up since 4:45 am because I wanted to go ahead and go to the store on the way over. So I have a couple of canvas bags full of groceries that I brought home. I have to confess that one of the things I got was pancake mix and light syrup. I'm having terrible cravings. But I ate quite a bit of fruit today, so I'll wait until another day to fix them. I got the light syrup because it doesn't have as many carbs as the regular, although sugar-free would have been better in some ways. But the very first or second ingredient in all of the sugar-free ones was sorbitol, which is a sugar alcohol. I try to eat sugar alcohols, including sorbitol, maltitol and xylitol, in moderation--they can have a laxative effect that is very unpleasant. I did at least find one without high fructose corn syrup.

Okay, I guess that's all for now. Hope you had a good holiday weekend, if you celebrate Thanksgiving, or at least a good weekend in general. Good night.

No comments: