Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It's raining pretty steadily

Which is good, as we've been so dry for months, but not so good given that my comfy shoes are clog-style and suede. So I have to wear my athletic shoes that hurt my feet to work and back, but I'm taking my comfy shoes with me to actually wear at work. Fortunately I have some size 7 double wide rain/snow boots that were pretty cheap that should be here tomorrow. I found them in a catalogue at my grandmother's over Thanksgiving. They're lined with acrylic fleece and are purple (I could have chosen black, but you know me, if purple is an option....) They were sent out priority mail yesterday and the tracking says it should be here tomorrow. I paid a little extra for the priority mail (otherwise it would have been 15 days, and let's face it, we just had our first dusting and snow could happen anytime between now and the middle of December), but they were $10 off what it said in the catalogue when I went online, so I still came out ahead. This is my way of getting around buying another pair of $130-$200 Birkenstocks that may or may not do well in snow. I'm hoping since they come in a double wide size they'll fit my feet well.

I woke up at 7 briefly this morning, went back to bed until 7:30, and then decided I really didn't have to be up until 8:30. Then a friend called right about 8:30 and we chatted briefly. He works nights and on the day after a day off he's so rested he's raring to go at a ridiculous time of the morning. Usually by the time he calls me he's done all the laundry, dishes, etc. and is preparing to go do some errand. :)

I'm not quite as productive in the mornings, although I need to do laundry either tonight or tomorrow. But I'm up, ready to go, and ready to go pick up the book and get a bus pass. It would be nice if it weren't raining buckets when I go. So far it just looks like a steady rain. Hopefully it will stay that way.

I can't believe today is the last day of November. It just doesn't seem like it should be that way. Time goes so much faster, it seems, the older you get.

Oh, well, I should head out now. Have a wonderful day.

No comments: