Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, March 01, 2014

Today I was off from work, and I:

  1. Went over to the endocrinologist very early, and she took me off the oral medication Invokana and on the injectable Byetta, as my Ha1C went up and I was having some unpleasant side effects in the form of recurrent yeast infections.
  2. Grabbed a quick bite between appointments.
  3. Went to the dentist, who very quickly took out that little tooth that had been under the crown which had come off, and he put my new partials in.
  4. Amused a friend with my attempts to talk with the partials in, although he did point out that I improved somewhat as the day went on.
  5. Took a nap.
  6. Watched both the 'Grimm' from before the Olympics (where you meet Monroe's parents) over at my house and then tonight's 'Grimm' with YKWIA over at his house. Scary serial killers.
  7. Watched a couple of episodes of the cartoon 'Dan vs.' with YKIWA.
  8. Came home, took out the partials (yay!) and brushed them with a soft toothbrush. The wires get a bit gummy with stuff. But I did figure out how to get them out; now I just have to figure out how to get them back in.
  9. Ate a bit without the partials as I'm a little more comfortable with that right now, although I was doing better as the day went by with them in.
  10. Checked Facebook, this blog, and now I'm going to head to bed soon. I'm very tired after a long day of doctor's appointments and trying to adjust to these things in my mouth.
  11. I do need to leave my libation for Hekate tonight, as well.

No comments: