Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Such a busy week--I can't believe it's been five days since I blogged

Sorry about that. I've been over at my friends' house a lot. I can't remember what I've done day by day, to be honest. It's kind of a blur. We've watched some 'Dan vs.', some 'Star Wars: the Clone Wars', and lots of YouTube videos, especially MadTV ones. Friday I did a little shopping at Gabriel Brothers and then went to over to my friends' house for 'Grimm'. Yesterday was chock full of errands, and I was out for 11 hours, and then got home and crashed. I didn't even do the game notes till this morning around 6:30. Today was the game, of course, and by that I mean Call of Cthulhu, although many other people in Kentucky were no doubt watching the finals of the SEC tournament. So there was the game prep beforehand as well.

A winter mix came in today, with the temperatures falling throughout the day, and with rain turning to freezing rain, sleet, and finally snow. I had to scrape my car for awhile when I went to leave because there was some ice on it under the snow. Then I started home on snow-covered streets. I'd say it's about an inch right now, and it was snowing pretty heavily. I think I did 20-30 mph the whole time. My check engine light came on, which was troubling, but I pushed on because I'd already taken out the things out of the car such as the air mattress and backup CPAP machine that I had in case I got stranded at my friends' house during the winter. Maybe that wasn't such a good idea. But once I got home I downloaded my car manual and checked what it said about the light. It's apparently something triggered by the emissions sensors, and something was off. I didn't see anything blocking the tailpipe (I thought maybe snow might be), but it was dark and I couldn't see well. They said it could just be some water vapour in the gas and suggested filling up (I'm at about 1/4 of a tank right now) with high quality gas and driving at least three times from a cold start on city streets and highway to see if it goes off. If not, I should get it looked at. We'll see.

I am getting a little frustrated with my partials. They did adjust the bite Friday morning, so it's more even. The lower ones are still a bit tricky in that they sometimes come loose while I'm eating, but the Poligrip helps with that. But it's really hard for me to get the upper ones to seat correctly...they have to clip around a tooth, and if I don't get them right, they fall out when I open my mouth to talk. I thought I was getting them in okay, and sometimes (not often), they go right in. But on most days when I have a time constraint, I have to take them in a little plastic container with me and put them in after I get where I'm going. I tried that today, however, and it was no go. I simply could not get them in well. I realise it takes practice, but it's been over two weeks. But I'll keep trying. I'm going back to the dentist on Wednesday for a crown and will address the looseness and see if maybe they can line them or something. Friday I told them my gums were sore towards the end of the day, and they said it would just take some time to get used to them. I still talk funny, too, but it's not as bad as it was, or at least not to my ears.

Okay, I have a few things to do here before I go to bed. And my 'm' key is sticking (I have this trouble on my laptop, but it always moves around to different keys). Weird.

No comments: