Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Up and moving today

I'm going over to A's about 2:30 to take him to the store, but in the meantime I'm up and washing dishes and straightening up the apartment. I've also changed two light bulbs, as the last one went out over the bed in a flash and I didn't want to wait until later because it's already gloomy and rainy outside, so it'll be worse when it's dark. I have a friend who is nervous about changing any light bulb. I don't have that trouble, but balancing on the bed while standing is not the easiest thing for me, and I'd rather not break something because I was trying to change a light bulb. So it's best to do while I'm refreshed and have as much light as possible. :)

And I am refreshed--I slept really well last night, and probably was asleep by 11 pm and woke up a little after 9 am and finally got out of bed about ten. Right after breakfast (the rest of my tuna sandwich from Subway yesterday) I loaded and started the dishwasher, did the handwash dishes (there weren't many, unlike last time), straightened up in the living room, kitchen, and bathroom, got the stuff that came out of the car (the backup CPAP, the reusable tote bags, and the air mattress) put up. Next is to sort through and put away laundry, but my back was hurting, so I thought I'd take a break. So I'm listening to the Rick Dees weekly top 40 countdown and checking on some things online. A should be in a good mood today--his Wildcats won against the Cardinals last night and will be progressing in the NCAA men's basketball tournament.

Okay, I've heard the top song for the week. It's Lorde's 'Team', which is the second #1 off her debut album, which doesn't happen often. And she's not even eighteen yet! Okay, time to get up and do some things.

No comments: