Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, March 03, 2014

Somehow

while flipping through channels during a check on current weather conditions, I caught part of Idina Menzel's performance of 'Let It Go' (which apparently won), and then caught the tail-end of the Oscars from Best Director onward. I am very glad that Twelve Years a Slave won for Best Picture, and that the director brought the audience's attention not only to those who suffered slavery in the past, but also those who are enduring it right now.

The wind is howling and it is sleeting. The cars are covered in ice, but it's not as thick as it could have been. Ice pellets cover the ground and streets, and we're heading into snow, which is expected to last until about noon tomorrow. So we could have some fairly significant snow. I'm going to try to get up early to deal with whatever mess the roads may be in then. Also, today I had trouble trying to get my partials seated correctly and so I want to have plenty of time to do so tomorrow morning. YKWIA couldn't understand a word I said on the phone this morning when he called, for example, and I was in a hurry to get over there and just forewent the partials altogether. But although that's fine occasionally, you can't do that regularly since it's bad for the gums and general oral health.

I think I'm going to head on to bed. I have a bad headache, and I'm achy all over, so I'm going to take some ibuprofen. My eyes and nose are going pretty badly, too, and my throat hurts. Generally, I just don't feel great at all. I'm not sure if I have A's cold, or if it's just allergies, but it's annoying. Maybe it's time to go back on Claritin. Hope you had a good weekend, and that you all have power and are staying warm. Be careful if you're in this storm's path. Good night.

No comments: