Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, March 08, 2014

I read for quite awhile tonight

Gregory Maguire's Wicked: the Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West, to be exact. (It's the first book in a series upon which the musical is based.) I got through the first seven chapters (not as impressive as that sounds--they're short chapters. Basically I read 53 pages plus the introduction.) But still, that's more than I've read in a good long while.

I also tried out an application that is free and for a limited time, ad-free, that is available from Samsung for its devices only, called 'Milk Music'. It is a streaming music service built over Slacker radio with an interesting interface. I tried out some preset genre channels and created one of my own, and enjoyed listening for awhile. You can get it in Google Play. I'll need to look to see if it is available at all on my television, which is also a Samsung.

I fell asleep before 'Grimm' came on, but I did record it on the DVR and will watch it tomorrow. Turns out I'm free till about 4 pm. I'm going to go to the blood centre and give blood (the recent weather has really caused their supply to be down), and also on second thought I think I will go see Frozen. I do have a free ticket, after all, and it's not like I have to visit the concession stand. Then there's 'Grimm', game notes to do, and maybe some things around here as a bit of spring cleaning. [I so want it to be spring, and it'll be in the upper 50s, so I could probably open the windows and air out the place.] Then I'll go take my friend to the grocery and help him wash his dog. Bless her heart, she's having some issues and it's leaving her quite stinky. Hopefully those will resolve soon.

Okay, I'm going to go do some things before heading back to bed. Good night.

No comments: