Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, October 28, 2003

I'm not used to it becoming dark so early...

although, of course, our system of time and daylight savings are purely artificial...but my mind was used to it getting dark between 7 and 8 and now its 6 and 7, so it's a mental adjustment. I'm sort of linked to the weather and changes anyway in terms of my mood. Today was rainy and cold and although I meant to take advantage of being off to do some stuff around the house, I tend to be up and all housework-happy on bright sunny days. So today was mostly getting rest, watching a little TV, and cuddling up with the animals. I have to admit, maybe that's what I needed.

I was also hoping I'd get my medical reimbursement in the mail today so I could get some groceries and some laundry done, but no such luck (having three cents in my account's a little nerve-wracking). But at least my rent is paid, my reimbursement and retirement cheques are on the way, and I get paid Thursday, and I've scraped interesting meals out of a fairly low larder, so things are looking up a bit.

I've felt a little like a slug today. But it's been a fairly calm and restful. and tomorrow I have my last day of vacation for the week, so there's still time to 'do stuff'. I needed today. Today was the first day in about a month where my insides weren't cramping or otherwise misbehaving from stress. I used to have an overscheduled life. Now I try to spend every other day or so at home and I haven't been doing that lately. I had to learn to enjoy spending time with myself again. I didn't quite get to the point of curling up with a book--my true happy thing to do--but watching old favourites like Murder, She Wrote and M*A*S*H, were nice, and I saw an older Charmed I hadn't seen before.

But it's dark now and I'm warm and cozy and part of me just wants to sleep for a little bit. So, I think I'm going to take a nap. I've had the luxury of sleeping in the last couple of days but tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment and work over at KET. And of course, Halloween is a busy time for me, NaNoWriMo is about to start, and then we run into the general holidays that tend to take up a lot of time, too. I guess I should enjoy a little rest while I have it. I think I'll go to bed for a little while, then get up and get some work done.

Hope your life isn't too stressful at the moment. Or, if it is, take a few minutes to just breathe.

No comments: