Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, October 13, 2003

Hello...

listening to: 'Ironic' by Alanis Morissette
feeling: Optimistic

Sorry about the triple post...sometimes when I post from the Blog This! shortcut it runs away from me.

I'm feeling a little less morbid today, although still a little introspective. It's been a very social day. I went to work, then went to a candle party over at a co-worker's house and met a few new people. Then a few of us went out to a dollar movie and saw Bruce Almighty. One of the girls is about 6 months pregnant, it was her birthday and her husband had to go out of state for work, so we thought it might be nice to go out.

The movie was funny, and somewhere along the way it helped me appreciate what I have rather than mourn what I don't have. So, that was nice. I'm sitting here typing with a kitty sitting on the bookshelf with his two front paws on my legs. The animals have been fed (thankfully, Kroger cashes unemployment cheques, which was good, as the credit union was closed today for Columbus Day.

So, everyone's just sort of chilling out and seems happy. And yes, they're getting up in years, but you know, even with all the struggles I've had over the years, they've had lives full of love and protection, and they've enriched my life so much. So, yes, I know the next few years will be hard. Spock, my oldest, has quite a few lumps along his stomach and I can't tell it they're just little fatty deposits or tumours. Buns has his fur back, but still has skin issues which won't heal. Cerys has a little of both issues. Darius, the youngest, seems in good health, but even he is 12. But all I know is that I love them, and when the time comes, I hope it's peaceful and that they know I love them.

That's what really matters, don't you think? In the meantime, there's no use worrying about the future; planning, yes, improving yes, but living in the moment is the best way to make the most of the future, because if you lose touch with the here and now tomorrow becomes just a dream (or nightmare) rather than reality.

No comments: