Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Must put feet up

So this morning,  my ankles were the skinniest I have seen them in years, mainly because I stayed off my feet over most of the four-day weekend.  I lost seven pounds in water weight over that time.

Unfortunately,  they're pretty swollen now,  and my knees are having issues,  of course. I tried to stay off my feet,  but to no avail.  I think I have walked about 8,000 steps today.

But,  I got everything I needed to finished today,  took a friend to an appointment after work,  enjoyed dinner with him--or at least as much as I could with a raging headache and loud girly anime voices in the background--came home,  and as much as I hate to admit it,  I am ready to elevate my feet and head on to bed.  In fact,  I am blogging on my phone rather than the computer.

I got the travel walker,  matching wheels,  and sink sprayer I had ordered today.  I am as ready for the surgery as I can be.

Okay,  I am going to sleep.  The last vestiges of that headache will hopefully fade.  Good night.

No comments: