Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Positive thoughts

My cousin wrote something on her Facebook wall about a challenge to come up with three things for five days that were positive. She issued the challenge to some people on her friends list, and even though I wasn't one of the ones challenged, I thought it was a great idea. She mentioned that her grandmother was having her 96th birthday today, which is wonderful. We also share a grandmother together, and she is 90. It's amazing to be in your fifties and still have both grandmothers living. She is very blessed in that regard.

Anyway, here are my three positive thoughts for the day:
  1. I am very lucky to have someone in my life who loves me unconditionally.
  2. I am very lucky to have someone in my life who will never lie to me, even if he has to be brutally honest.
  3. I am very lucky to have people in my life that I myself nurture and help take care of, because the very act of caring for another person brings out our humanity, and it feels good to be giving something back to those I love and who love me.
So that's mine for the day. And now, I think I really will do some reading, as I'm not particularly sleepy.

No comments: